Monday, June 30, 2008

Found Vijay after 11 years....thanks to Orkut

My never ending searches finally paid. It was as if I was searching zillionth time for Vijay singh anjana on Orkut. As usual, I didn't find him this time, but I did find one Man singh anjana. It was Vijay singh's brother's name. I asked him if he was his brother. He wasn't his brother, but knew both of them somehow. He gave me their numbers and voila! I had found Vijay after 11 years! Other than Bhumika, he was the most treasured friend for me there, in those days. I never had a sleepover at any one else's place but his. We were together everywhere (he was in my standard too, so obviously it did put us together everywhere). Playing cricket, in hospital (that was three times, all three times my head was burst open by stones), while going home after schools (true that contradicts with my statement of me and Bhumika going home together. It was actually dependent on condition), on Birthdays (I remember he once bought me a plastic guerrilla, pressing whose stomach used to lighten its eyes. My mom, out of curiosity, opened it to see its anatomy that same day and it never worked again), on his shop (ironically, his uncle had a tube-well shop named 'Kamal bore wells'), at his home (he had a real big home right behind the bus-station, I never ever disliked going there, enjoying my moments of luxury I guess!) or while reading comics (I remember the last comics we read together, it was Parmanu's Automatic, in which he lifts a vehicle while flying).
I havent called him yet. Its 3 in night. But I will tomorrow, I surely will. I hope not only to talk to him after 11 long years, but to meet him too. It was 7 years after I met Bhumika, but it is 11 years after I will meet him. I hope to have 11/7 times more excitement this time! It is such a great feeling to find a friend after so long!
Oh and lastly, thanks Orkut Büyükkökten, for making Orkut.com, because of which I found Mamta (which in turn resulted in finding Ashish, Nikki, Ajeet and Khushboo), many others and now Vijay.

In other news, in music challenge of iLike on Orkut, I have achieved the rank of 'Music expert', with 2500 points under my belt. I answered 582 questions till now, out of which 276 (47.4%) were correct. Average response time 4.8 seconds.

No comments: