Sunday, June 1, 2008

A trip to Chhoti Sadri- long, tiring and lonely.

Long- Udaipur is nowhere as near to C.S. (though it might remind of Computer Science, it is Chhoti Sadri, as you might have guessed already) as was Pratapgarh. Reaching there takes more than three hours and requires a bus change most of the times. Needless to say, it doesn’t make one happy about traveling there.

Tiring- As it is with me, I was awake till 4AM in night, playing Assassin’s creed. When I finally slept, I knew I had to wake up again at 5:30, and so I did. Went to Bus station, got a bus at 7. Initially, time flew fast, thanks to my PSP. But as siesta took over me, it became harder and harder to pass every single minute. A RSRTC bus doesn’t make a very good sleeping environment, until and unless it is a Sleeper one, or at least a Silver or Gold line. So time crawled and I yawned. But as Shrimadbhagwatgita(and ‘The Matrix’, just kidding) says- ‘Everything that has a beginning and has an end’, it ended and I finally reached CS.

Lonely- Damn Sandeep for this. When I reached his home, surprisingly the so whinny, so sick and ‘oh so can’t come’ guy was gone on a trip to Saawariyaji. Needless to tell, I was furious. There was no one other than her mom at his home. And the funnier argument was that the mistake was all mine since I didn’t call before coming. How was I supposed to know that guy having Ulcer will be running Olympic marathon the very next day?

I went to Jyoti’s home then, unfortunately she too wasn’t there, gone for some computer course class. Then I went to Mahesh’s shop, which now is filled to brim. The cabin is gone and a computer has taken its place. It seems his new venture into all mobile related things is successful. I had to wait till 12 and so I did at his shop. We didn’t talk a lot as his shop was almost getting mobbed by customers.

Then I went to Jyoti’s home and luckily, this time she was there. After the usual barter of greetings, we didn’t know what to talk about. She had to bath so she went. Then I talked to her mom and it turns out that their financial and social condition is dilapidating by each passing day. The truth as it stands, and is heart- wrenching, is that a woman who doesn’t have any job or any other source of money, finds it hard to save her youngest daughter and to feed her children, when her husband declines to give money for family and rather drinks it with liquor. I did help as much as I could and will do in future, but until I start earning, it will be miniscule of what they really need.

Jyoti’s father came after a while, and as usual, he didn’t mind my presence and was amiable to me, just like last time when I met him.

After he was gone and Jyoti’s mom was gone to Neemach, Jyoti and I again started talking. I told her about Rebbecca (I don’t know if she had some trouble remembering the name, but she opted to call Rebbecca Miss Sweden instead) and all about how Rebbecca was slowly and steadily becoming more and more important for me, she also asked how I was doing these days, as far as my health is considered. By the way, it was the general consensus that I had improved a bit on my health. But then again, that might have been a hallucination because I was wearing an open shirt over my T-shirt, which made me quite an attraction for people there, making me nervous more than once. Jyoti told me I was looking good in that dress and I was feeling good, then Sandeep’s mom asked why I was wearing another half-sleeved shirt when I already wore a full-sleeved T-shirt? I told her that it was a kind of fashion and I didn’t device it either. It was probably the first time when I came out my usual dumbo style of wearing normal T-shirt and trousers (thanks to Gudia, she was who suggested that I come out of the eternal style of mine, if it was at all any style) and generally it went positive, apart from the fact that I didn’t know if many other people in CS were thinking along the same lines as Sandeep’s mom. Let’s hope that wasn’t the case.

I took a one hour nap, waiting for Sandeep. They all returned at about 4:30PM. Me and Sandeep went to have round around Chhoti Sadri and to have some nice chat (doing this is my favorite thing to do in CS with a good friend, 14th January 2005 being one of the most beautiful days of my life, when I was lucky enough to have about 4 complete rounds around CS, with another best friend from past). We talked about a lot of things, ranging from things not related to us to things close to our hearts.

It was about 6PM before we realized time going by and soon I was in a bus towards Nimbahera, going home.

No comments: