Sunday, April 27, 2008

Exams over.....the final phase of long running drama begins

Apart from the usual 'so great' announcement that the title does, of exams getting over, there is something else too. If the phrase 'long running drama' reminds of those mind blowing (and in a literal way) Ekta kapoor dramas full of evil women, then you're not alone. But what I am talking about here is more like...say House MD or Grey's anatomy. As soon as I say this, I know you know what I am talking about. But it is better we leave such topics at hospital only.

As soon as exams ended, the first thing I did was watching Smallville episodes I had missed. And believe me when I say this that this season is one of the best seasons of this awesome series.


Smallville is going better by each episode.


The best episode, without a shred of doubt, was 'Descent'. If there is one sentence to describe the episode, I would use- 'say hello to real Lex'. He is shaping up to be the real foe of Superman, the one eternal enemy whom all we Superman fans know as the most cunning of them all.
Some people didn't like 'Sleeper', but I liked it. It was more of a 'Chloe-Jimmy' affair, but there was nothing in it which I couldn't like. Sure, its always better Chloe sharing screen space with Clark rather than with Jimmy cause Chloe-Clark have best chemistry on the show, but a departure didnt hurt in my opinion.

And then, right before the big-bang of 'Descent', there was the return of 'Pete ross' in 'Hero'. It was a real treat to see him after a long time.

And while I am writing about Smallville, I am somehow reminding Hannah montana. I am not really a big fan of that show. I watch it because it contains some real good gigs from character Jackson. Otherwise, its a totally girlicious series. If there is one Disney show which I really like is Phil of the future.

Girlicious!!!!

Lets get back to games, our favorite topic- games. The biggest news is, of course, the release of Grand Theft Auto IV. The biggest entertainment release of the year, eclipsing even the biggest movie release, and expected to fetch 400 million dollars in first week only, this is gaming at its best. It is just too bad for me that it is not coming to PCs and I have to make the move to consoles yet.

This is gonna be HUGE!!!!!

Other than this huge game, there is another huge one coming out on June 12th. Once again for the pity of PC gamers like me, this PS3 exclusive is the biggest exclusive any console can get. It is the return of the series of that redefined not only stealth gaming, but gaming altogether. From the genius that is Kojima, it is the final installment of the legend of a series- Metal Gear solid IV: Guns of the patriots.

This thing will drive PS3 heights above others.

Previews have flown in and everyone who has played it is saying that this is the definitive Next gen experience. There is no doubt that the reviews will turn out to be stellar too.

I wanted to write many more things. About IPL, about Tibet and about many other things, but now I am too tired to write about them. Maybe I will write in next entry. And there will be an entry soon, centered on the new probable blossoming of love in my life. Stay tuned!!!!!

No comments: