Friday, October 19, 2007

Got Hellgate:London demo today. And its utter shit!

I agree that I am not big fan of RPGs. But its not that I hate them. The Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion stands as one of the best games I have ever played and has some of the best gaming moments of my life.
But to say that I was excited much about Flagship studios' long in making RPG Hellgate:London will be a lie. I wasn't must excited, but I was hoping that it was going to be good. So when I heard that a demo was coming out, I waited in anticipation. It didnt come till yesterday night so I woke up today and went to class after putting it on download. It was done when I came so I quickly installed it to see how it was.
And as soon as the character customization screen came, I knew it was going to suck. Why? Because it was all so cheap! I could choose from two classes, and could customize them. While they performed their monkey stunts on side screen.
I fired the game after a quick customization and graphics were...hmmm......utter crap! It felt like I was playing some 2003-04 game! The game is severely unoptimized. I was getting 60FPS in outdoors initially. Then when I went indoors I was getting 80FPS. Then when I came out again I started getting 25-30FPS!!!!! WTH?
And then there is AI which is utter fool. A man who, in a mission, had to follow me, was starting revolving around me whenever I stopped! Other NPCs, whatever the moment, always kept talking trash to me. They were talking something else, related to storyline and serious thing on text and at the same time, they were saying 'will you love me. please done leave me, oh lover!' It was so annoying! I choose my character a female and still the female NPCs in game were saying the same things!
This game has serious issues in every department. I am not sure what will happen to it when it gets launched. I hope that the final game is better and the story line is good to suck the player in. Otherwise, this game will go down shit which was over hyped.

No comments: