Thursday, May 22, 2008

Stupid girl gets a girlfriend…..

It might seem nonplussing more than funny, or Lesbian than straight, but it’s just a ‘not so practical’ joke I am using almost everywhere. Thanks to 'Friends', which I am watching more and more these days.

This phrase wasn’t in the same form in there as it is here, it was rather this- ‘Stupid guy on my phone’, which must be seen to be realized how funny it is. And even I don’t use it in the same form everywhere. What actually happened that I was stuck in a ‘Red-light’ stop when I saw a guy with his girlfriend (pardon me friend if she was your sister) on bike and as I am all alone these days, I just recalled the Friends phrase and said instinctively- ‘Stupid guy gets a girlfriend’ and somehow, without any apparent reason, I liked it a lot. So I was saying it whenever I saw a couple. But how its lesbian counterpart came along is a quite different story. It happened when I was coming back from a ‘new kind of experience’ (which I am going to talk about later), when I saw a really hot girl with some guy on bike, but it turned out later that it wasn’t a guy she was with, but it was another girl, and so the titled phrase slipped out of my tongue.

OK, getting back on more regular topics. I am watching a lot of ‘Friends’ these days, as I don’t really have many a things to do. And by a lot, I mean it literally. The only dilemma I face while watching it is that whenever a ‘sexually explicit’ scene comes along and my family members are there, it becomes weird to watch. I finished ‘Rainbow six- Vegas II’ as expected and also finished ‘Chronicles of Riddick- escape from the Butcher bay’. But what was unexpected, was that I finished –F.E.A.R. - Perseus mandate’ too. I will come honest, I didn’t like it much, and I just finished it because of three reasons-

1. If I finished this, I would have finished all games of F.E.A.R. series.

2. It would have added another name in my ‘Games completed’ list.

3. I didn’t have many more games to play.

I am not sure if I want to do a review of Perseus mandate, but I would write a few things about it. It is the same thing all along which was F.E.A.R. The gameplay isn’t much different, except that what seemed great and innovative in F.E.A.R. has turned into mediocre. It doesn’t scare anymore, and the game only gave me one creep all along, so Doom3 pees over it in this area. The story doesn’t progresses much, more in the fashion revolving here and there and actually goes nowhere. And pardon me if it did progress a bit (I did hear the word ‘Project Origin’ here and there, which is the name of the upcoming true sequel of F.E.A.R.) because I just wasn’t into it. The graphics have no upgrades whatsoever (guess this way, in the stress test, my card had 133FPS average, at 1280*1024 and 4xAA, 16xAF with all settings high and all soft shadows and everything like that turned on. And BTW, even the test is the same as it was in F.E.A.R.). So all in all, it’s a game if you want to play more F.E.A.R., that’s it.

But the last statement puts me in a perplexing position; cause isn’t the same statement true for ‘Rainbow six- Vegas II’? I mean, after all, it is the same game, just the story progressing. But there are little differences here and there, like the addition of support for Anti Aliasing, and some little more upgrades to the graphics engine. And then again, the story does progresses much more than let’s say….in the contender above, and the arc ends, although the story wasn’t that great. So I can give much more credit to Rainbow six: Vegas II than Perseus mandate.

Chronicles of Riddick was much better game than anyone would expect from a movie game but it’s too old to be reviewed. Still I would say that if you haven’t played it, go play.

The game I really want to review as of now is- ‘The Witcher’. Yes I have finished it and the good news is this that it is really really good. Then again, I want to give it as much credit as it deserves, so I would be reviewing it in a whole new entry entirely dedicated to it.

And now to the ‘new kind of experience’ I was talking about. It started this way that some MLA got a heart-attack and some MP came to meet him in Udaipur. That MP was somehow related to us and so I had to go there with my mom to meet him. To be honest, the highest authority I have ever met will probably be the head of DUGC committee in IIT. So meeting a MP was kind of a big deal. But that isn’t the ‘new kind of experience’ I was talking about. What I was talking about was the experience of seeing how things go on when there are a bunch of politicians. As soon as we entered the hospital premise, we encountered police vehicles everywhere, policemen were everywhere and for the first time I saw that it was taken care of that who parks his/her vehicle where. Inside the premise was no different, except the fact that there were many many more people there. As far as I could guess, there was only one family which really had someone dear in ICU, other than the MLA of course. The family was relegated to a corner of stairs (not to ruin the mood, but one of the two girls in the family was really hot) and some high profile people were talking in very amiable way to each other, going over the top most of the time. Some were introducing lower profile persons to their high profile ones, which most of the time was to get something done (most of the public was there to get something done anyway). Handshakes, hugs, smiles and compliments were flying everywhere and there was a lot to wonder on the question that if those good people were so bad-mouthed politicians actually, how come they are perceived so badly?

In the end, after a long wait, we did meet the MP we came to meet, and it was a meeting that lasted less than a minute, in which I was not even introduced! I didn’t want to go in the first place, but mom kept forcing me, citing that it would be nice to get introduced to some ‘high profile’ people and that how can it be bad, if not good? I probably did fall for those, but thank God I didn’t fall for her suggestion that I should touch feet of that MP for benediction when we meet him. In a place where everyone was getting his/her job done in any way possible, it is not hard to guess that such action would have been perceived as great flattery.

Finally, I returned home at 11:30 in night, exhausted and irritated, but what I earned was this ‘new kind of experience’ and that was probably the only good thing about that (except checking out that hot girl of course!)

No comments: